Sunday, February 14, 2016

Introduction

     I'm homeschooled.  Er--I was homeschooled.  Until this current and past semester, I had been homeschooled my entire life.  Yes, my entire life.  Since the day I was born, I have never been enrolled in a public or private elementary or high school.  Never.  Crazy, right?  If you are like most people, you have probably already started forming an impression of me based on your personal conceptions and connotations of homeschooling.  Whether your impression is good or bad, I hope you hear me out.  No, I don't wear skirts on a daily basis (not that there's anything wrong with them--I do wear them on occasion).  Yes, I do have friends besides my siblings and I do know how to socially interact with people (at least I think I do...), and believe it or not, I do play sports. In fact, one of the most common misconceptions about homeschoolers is that they well...stay at home.  It's not an entirely false misconception, but you might be surprised at how many homeschoolers there are and that there is actually an organization of homeschoolers about the size of a 2A school here in Topeka (more on that later). 
   
     You might be asking yourself, why is this person labeling herself as a homeschooler?  Well, that is part of the reason I decided to start this homeschooling blog (along with the fact that it is part of my college coursework).  Homeschooling is something that has always been dear to my heart.  Why?  Because so many people don't realize all the great benefits that come from homeschooling.  That's why I wanted to create this.  To shed a little light on the subject.  I'll be honest, I'm incredibly biased towards homeschooling, but my hope is that this will help both you and me learn to practice balancing our opinions and weighing them to find what we personally believe.  My goal isn't to force homeschooling down your throat--you're entitled to your own opinion!--but simply to provide my perspective in an entertaining and informative way.  Happy reading!


To kick off my blog, I wanted to share one of my most favorite, funny BlimeyCow homeschooling videos.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment